Thursday, March 02, 2006

111














"There it is again."

"What?" I asked.

"111."

"What do you mean?"

"The number comes up a lot and it means something. A friend told me there are web sites about it too."

I didn't think much of it and we continued our trek. Later during the ride my eye was drawn to my trip meter which read "111" and it kind of jumped out at me.

I figured perhaps it was a sign and it was drawing near time to stop for the evening anyway so I looked for the next appropriate lodging exit.

We checked in to the Super 8 motel.

"Here are your keys."

"Holy cow." They gave us room 111.




















I had to teach online that evening. I was going to hook up to the Internet through my phone. Unfortunately Verizon was not very good in this part of the south. My signal was fairly weak. I went out to the front of the room to try and get a better signal. I just barely had one bar.

While I was teaching a red pickup truck pulled in practically on top of me. It was a bit annoying since there were so many other parking spots.

"What a dick."

A man and his wife and child exited the vehicle and went to the room next to us.

I gave my class a break and then went into the room.

The man came out and began to speak to Serafin.

"You know people dont appreciate what they have."

He shared with Serafin that his friend had just lost his legs to diabetes, and that through it all he was still a happy guy with a positive spin on life.

"I just lost everything in a fire that is why my family and I are here."

"You have to accept things as they are and then work with it from there."

I guess he wasn't a dick after all.


For further coinkydinks:

http://www.angelscribe.com/1111.html

http://www.greatdreams.com/11coin.htm

No comments: